Padmasana is the asana, which is also named as lotus position is a cross-legged sitting posture. Padmasana is the yoga to encourage the proper breathing, which is basic thing in the meditative process and also improves the physical body stability.
Reality is that which never changes, which is absolute, unlimited, and is never contradicted by any other thing or experience. For experience that reality we need some workout, it helps to find out the truth of the world. Padmasana is that type of asana, which helps to realize the truth.
Steps to do padmasana:
- 1. Sit on the mat or cushion which is spread on the floor.
- 2. Place the right foot on the left thigh and the left foot to the symmetrical way.
- 3. Place the hands on the knee joints.
- 4. Keep the body, back and head erect.
- 5. Make body and mind are relaxed.
- 6. Eyes should be closed.
- 7. Once you carried out the pranayama.
- 1. Padmasana allows the body to hold steady for the long period of time, its increase the physical strength. Also it makes the body to steady and make the mind calm.
- 2. Its allow the large quantity of blood to the legs, redirected that to abdominal region.
- 3. It improves the digestion system.
- 4. Long breadth slows down the tension and reduces the blood pressure.
- 5. It is the best asana for the contemplation.
- 6. It brings solitude, peace of mind to the practitioner.