- 1. Sit down on the floor in Vajrasana position.
- 2. Try to bend your body and head backwards. Lift up your body a little for this. Take the support of your hands, if needed.
- 3. Keep your shoulders firm and try to bring your chest upwards.
- 4. Bring your hands behind your back and place them at the back of your pelvis region.
- 5. Try to bring your shoulders backwards and keep your hips steady. Try not to move your hips
- 6. Bend your head backwards and try holding your toes with your hands. While you do this, your head must rest on the sole of your feet.
- 7. Remain steady in this position for about 30 seconds and then release.
- 8. Do not stretch your body beyond your capacity.
- 9. Repeat this activity 10 times a day.
Benefits of Kapotasana:
Kapotasana has numerous benefits. This asana stretches your spine, arms, shoulders, thighs, calf muscles and your hands as well. This asana daily helps to tone your abdominal muscles. This asana also strengthens armpits and shoulder muscles. Practicing this asana daily helps in improving blood circulation in your body and even enhances your digestive system. This yoga asana also acts as a cure for illnesses like blood pressure problems and other chronic-related diseases. It is even beneficial for those suffering from sciatica pain. This asana helps in releasing tension in the hip and shoulder region.